Light Weight Internet Protocol (LWIP)
Status:' No active volunteers.
Current Port: ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/joel/rtems-lwip/
Update the RTEMS port of LWIP. Provide reproducible test cases so we can be sure it stays in working condition. See discussion on []
A goal of this effort is to be able to use the standard TCP/IP NIC drivers already in RTEMS. If this is feasible, then a user could switch between the full-featured BSD TCP/IP stack in RTEMS or the LWIP stack to save memory at the expense of reduced functionality.
The work would have to do :
- start with current LWIP source
- update the port for current RTEMS and current LWIP
- make the port portable across CPU architectures and BSPs (This is usually not as hard as it sounds.)
- Provide documentation and examples that run on at least qemu so others can provide feedback.
- Ideally use the standard BSD NIC drivers if at all technically possible so when you write a driver for one TCP/IP stack, you automatically get it for both stacks in RTEMS.